The DeafBlind Service Center (DBSC) is committed to assisting deaf-blind people in reaching and maintaining their highest possible quality of life and degree of personal autonomy.
We believe communication is one of the core barriers deaf-blind people face in obtaining quality services. We provide opportunities for deafb-lind people to receive the information they need in order to understand their available options and make educated decisions. At DBSC, high-quality communication is ensured in the following ways:
- All information is provided in the desired communication mode of the person being served – whether that be Braille, close vision, or tactile sign language.
- Our staff possesses the complimentary set of language and communication skills to meet the broadest possible spectrum of language and communication needs.
- We obtain qualified interpreters for large meetings or when the communication needs of the deafblind person cannot be met using DBSC’s in-house resources.
- We conduct all advocacy and case planning with the fullest possible participation of the deafblind individual.
- Specialty Associations
- Translation Services available