GenPride and Community Roots Housing are building Seattle’s first affordable housing project designed to be an affirming environment for LGBTQIA+ seniors. The project will provide 118 apartments, with a mix of studios and 1-bedroom units – as well as a community and health services center.
GenPride will be the ground-floor anchor tenant at Pride Place. We have exciting plans to provide specialized programs and services to both the residents and others throughout King County. The multi-use community gathering space will serve meals, educational and fitness programs, and plenty of recreational events throughout the year including a health center onsite that will offer sensitive specialized services.
Funds raised through the Pride Place campaign will support the construction of a brand-new community and health services center as well as a transitional fund to prepare the center for the future. This will be a welcoming place to gather, and it will be the first permanent home for GenPride’s community programs.
Frequently Asked Questions and General Information for Pride Place:
Looking for housing that is available now?
Find available apartments on with our partner Community Roots Housing on their website: https://communityrootshousing.org/find-apartment.
- Location: 1519 Broadway Ave, Seattle, WA 98122
- Informational sessions will begin in spring 2023; applications will open in summer 2023
- 118 units
- 90 studios and 28 one-bedrooms
- Rents will be affordable to households earning 30% to 60% of the Area Median Income
- All units are ADA accessible, and 20 units will have additional access for wheelchairs (lower kitchen counters, shower roll-in, and larger doorways
- GenPride will operate a 4,400 sq ft community & health services center on the ground floor in partnership with several other LGBTQ-focused providers
- There will also be 3,800 sq ft of retail space on street level
- Parking: There will not be any resident parking.
- How do I calculate my AMI (Area Median Income)? https://communityrootshousing.org/find-apartment/calculate-your-income/
Are all residents age-restricted (55+) or does just one resident need to be 55+ per unit?
Only one applicant needs to be 55+
Are there any restrictions on pets (breeds, number of pets, etc.)?
We do not have any breed restrictions, but there is a 2 pet per household limit
Do we know the square footage for units yet? Is there a sq. footage range for each 1 bedroom/studio?
The average square footage for studios is 350, and one-bedrooms is 500
Why is there no parking? Is it true it was because of the light rail tunnel below the building?
There is no parking because this is a transit-oriented development (TOD), and the Office of Housing (an integral part of the financing for this project) doesn’t allow for parking in TOD affordable housing projects.
Have a friend, family member, or neighbor who might benefit from the information on this and future newsletters?
Become an ambassador for Pride Place and send them to https://genprideseattle.org/prideplacenewsletter/ to sign up for updates!