Executive Director Position Open at GenPride
Are you a visionary nonprofit leader who is eager to advance an LGBTQIA+ older adult organization in terms of equity, capability, process, and impact? Combining inspirational leadership and proven management abilities, are you someone who can drive organizational success and empower high-performing teams? Can you inspire innovation and ensure that the organization is continually well-equipped to advance its mission through your abilities as a fiscal manager, fundraising lead, community connector, and implementer of strategic priorities?
GenPride is the premier non-profit organization serving the LGBTQIA+ elder community in Seattle and King County. At GenPride we advocate for the unique needs of older LGBTQIA+ adults, offer innovative programs and services that promote well-being and prevent social isolation, cultivate belonging through community connection, and work to eliminate discrimination in all its forms.
GenPride is on the cusp of expanding our reach and amplifying our impact, from the opening of Pride Place, the first income-qualifying housing for LGBTQIA+ seniors in collaboration with Community Roots Housing, to the new and expanded GenPride Senior Community Center located on the ground floor of Pride Place in the heart of Capitol Hill in Seattle.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- A BA in non-profit management, business, or a related field is required (or a combination of education, lived experience, and measurable performance which demonstrates the capability to perform the duties of this position will be considered).
- 5+ years of professional experience that includes senior leadership, i.e., executive director or other senior-level position at a social impact organization. Prior non-profit experience preferred.
- Outstanding organization and leadership skills and experience, including the ability to recruit, hire, coach, and retain a diverse staff and develop high-performance teams.
- Proven success in creating an organizational culture that is equity-oriented and anti-racist, and values the importance of intersectionality, belonging and respecting differences.
- Significant fundraising, board development, marketing, and fiscal management a must.
- Working knowledge of the developments and trends in the field of aging and the needs of LGBTQ+ elders.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience developing, implementing, and achieving strategic objectives; and in-depth knowledge of non-profit governance principles and managerial best practices.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; and the ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills and the experience and enthusiasm to be an outgoing spokesperson, relationship builder, and fundraiser
- Strong marketing, and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Proficiency with 365 Microsoft Office Suite.
Salary range: $110,000-$125,000 Commensurate on Experience
Please respond with a cover letter and resume. Applications will begin to be reviewed on December 5, 2022, and continue until the position is filled.
We value diversity in background and experience and believe this creates a more vibrant and engaged workplace. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. We are committed to creating an equity-minded organization and encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
You must be logged in to post a comment.