- This event has passed.
Join Otago: a free (online) exercise class for people living with HIV!
May 11 @ 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm PDT
An event every week that begins at 2:30 pm on Wednesday, repeating until June 29, 2022
Looking to get stronger and more fit? Sign up for free Zoom-based Otago exercise classes here: https://tinyurl.com/otagoexercise
Otago is an evidence-based strength and balance group exercise class, offered free on Zoom. All of the exercises can be modified for different fitness levels. Otago meets 1 time per week for 8 weeks and each session is 30 minutes long. You do not need to turn on your camera to participate, and no equipment is needed for class.
This class is offered specifically for members of the LGBTQ community, or those living with HIV, as well as their friends and allies.
Why should you participate?
- Exercise improves your physical health: strength, endurance, and flexibility
- People living with HIV may have conditions like neuropathy or fatigue that can be improved with exercise
- Participating in exercise, especially in a group, improves mood and reduces depression and anxiety
Otago classes are offered at these times:
- 2:30-3 pm Pacific Daylight Time on Wednesdays (May 11 – June 29)
Other class options
- 9:00-9:30 am Pacific Daylight Time on Tuesdays (May 10 – June 28)
- 1-1:30 pm Pacific Daylight Time on Fridays (May 13 – July 1)
Questions? Contact Andy Rapoport: 773.508.1055 or email@example.com
These evidence-based exercises programs are offered for free through CJE SeniorLife’s Research Institute through a grant provided by the Administration for Community Living. For more information about CJE SeniorLife, visit www.cje.net.